Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blizzard...

Well, it's the beginning of November, and we're in the middle of our first blizzard of the season. Environment Canada welcomed my morning with this lovely warning:



Yes, that's a blizzard warning... on the 4th of November. I suppose I shouldn't complain. I was looking back at last year's blog to see whether I'd recorded the first blizzard of the year, and I don't think that I did (because it happened while we were out for a month at Christmas). However, on November 1st, I did make this posting, in which I noted that on November 3rd, it was going to be -38C with the windchill.

I guess there are trade offs- with unseasonably warm weather come blizzards, like the one we're having today. The winds will get up to 70km/hr, which make walking slightly more difficult than usual, however, the snow accumulation won't be that great.

I'll take blizzard over -38C any day, and I am just happy that today it's only -19C with the windchill, so almost 20 degrees warmer than last year at this time!

Not looking forward to walking the dogs that we're dogsitting tonight, however!

No comments:

Post a Comment