A picture of something that makes me happy.
I know that material things shouldn't make a person happy, but to heck with that! Something that makes me happy is my pink, "Cook for the Cure" Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer (more commonly known in our house as "The Pink Beauty").
Deon bought it for me as a Christmas present back in 2007, so it's officially 3 years old right about now. He wrapped it and hid it somewhere in his parent's house, and then hid clues around the house and yard which eventually led me to the present. Apparently it was hard for him to figure out what colour I'd like, because when he asked me which colour I would get, if I could get a Kitchenaid, I rambled on and on about the merits and disadvantages of each colour... and finally thought pink would be the ultimate choice.
At any rate, the reason that the Kitchenaid makes me so happy is that it creates such wonderful things. I helps me make my cakes, it creates excellent dough for naan to go with our Indian food, and it looks beautiful on the counter, above all else!
No comments:
Post a Comment