Monday, November 29, 2010

30 days of photos... Day 25


A picture of something I wish I was better at.


I started beading over a year ago now, when I went to the craft night at Kitti Hall. However, I guess I have never been good with patient work, and this was reflected in my beading. My other friends (Christine! Becca!) surpassed me quickly, and this made me more frustrated with my work. I've picked up my beaded slipper "oppers" many times over the last year, and even started some new ones in better colours on black stroud, to see if maybe I'd get a little better.

However, the thought of finishing them was like having a weight on my shoulders. I'm just not that great at beading, and I know I won't be happy with the results. Not happy enough to turn them into slippers, anyway. So a few weeks ago at the Inuvik Christmas Craft Show, I took the opportunity to purchase a set of perfect, oppers, with my favourite colour- pink, from someone from Fort McPherson. I then called in my favour, from my friend Bertha, to sew up the slippers. I had all the supplies, and she had offered to do that in exchange for me making buttercream roses for her daughter's wedding cake this summer.

The new slippers turned out awesome, and have fleece inside them so they are very warm and cozy. I haven't taken a picture of them yet, but I plan on bringing them south with me for the holidays, to keep my feet nice and toasty.

And now the weight has been lifted off my shoulders- I won't feel guilty going about my other crafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment