Friday, November 5, 2010

30 days of photos... Day 1

Well, this is something that's been going around Facebook, but I thought that it might work well for the blog as well. At least it will (hopefully) keep me diligent about posting daily, and I'll still post about other topics as well. 30 days of photos should keep me busy as we enter the period of 30 days of night!

Here is the schedule for the next month:

Day 1- A picture of yourself with fifteen facts
Day 2- A picture of you and the person you have been closest to the longest
Day 3- A picture of the cast from your favourite show
Day 4 - A picture of a habit that you wish you didn't have
Day 5 - A picture of somewhere you've been
Day 6 - A picture that shows your true self
Day 7 - A picture of something you miss
Day 8 - A picture that makes you laugh
Day 9 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most
Day 10 - A picture with the person you do the weirdest things with
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate
Day 12 - A picture of something you love
Day 13 - A picture of your favourite band or artist
Day 14 - A Picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die
Day 16 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day
Day 17 - A picture of you when you were little
Day 18 - A Picture of your biggest insecurity
Day 19 - A picture of someone you miss
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
Day 21 - A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 22 - A picture that confuses you
Day 23 - A picture of your celebrity crush
Day 24 - A picture of yourself and a family member
Day 25 - A picture of something you wish you were better at
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.
Day 27 - A picture of something you’re afraid of
Day 28 - A picture of you last year and now
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile
Day 30 - Who are you?

I'll start off Day 1 with the following:

A picture of myself
.


I think this photo makes a good first picture- it's a photo of me, but you can't actually see me under all of the winter garb. After 30 days of photos, hopefully the blog reader will know what's underneath all of those layers of clothes.

Now, for the 15 facts!

1. In May I went back to my natural hair colour, after dyeing it for over 12 years. It is boring and blah, and no one recognizes me anymore in this town of dark hair. So, when I go to Ottawa in a month's time, it's going back to blonde. Roots are better than blah.

2. I used to be obsessed with shoes. I still love shoes, but now that I live in the North, I have an equally as strong obsession with boots. Afterall, it is boots season 8 months of the year up here!

3. I have to sleep with the same pillow, or I can't sleep contentedly. I take this pillow with me everywhere I travel in the North, but not to the south- it takes up too much valuable space. Then I get a sore neck.

4. Every year I resolve to use a dayplanner, to keep myself organized. Ten days into January, the dayplanner is under a pile of books, and I resort back to keeping names, dates, and numbers in my head. Might as well use the brain I've got, I guess.

5. I HATE doing laundry.

6. I moved to Tuk with the goal of staying for two years. It's been two years and then some, and I have no thoughts of leaving.

7. I've requested the books "Rich by 30" and "Rich by 40" from the library. I think I'm too late to be rich by 30, but maybe there's still hope for rich by 40!

8. When I was a kid, I used to tell my grandparents that I'd have a plane, and would fly them to Florida each winter. I still want my pilots license, but I need to live somewhere where they offer the training program!

9. At least a few times a month I find a puppy that I want to adopt, but can't, for multiple reasons.

10. I need to finish beading my slipper toppers sometime soon.

11. My ideal habitat is hot weather, with sun and sand- but I live in the Arctic.

12. I get annoyed when telemarketers call MY phone which I pay the bill for, that is in OUR apartment that WE pay for, and ask to speak to "the adult of the household." I tell them the adult will be home during business hours on weekdays, if they want to call back.

13. I like to be busy all the time, which means that I'm always working towards achieving goals, small and large alike.

14. This has been one of those weeks when I wondered whether the universe has something against me.

15. I could eat Greek salad for every meal of the day, and ice cream for dessert every night. And I would be completely satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment