Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cold!

I guess we were spared cold weather in October, with the temperatures rarely dipping below -10C, and generally around -5C or so. However, looking at the forecast this morning, it looks like we won't be easing into the Arctic winter. No, no. Today it will be -6C, tomorrow, it should be -17C, and by Wednesday, we could see -24C.

I won't complain though, because poor Deon is being shipped off to Ulukhaktok until Wednesday, and there it is expected to be -38C with the windchill. Guess it's time to break out the Canada Goose!

We are also losing daylight very quickly, with only 7 hours of sun today. The sun rises at 10:10am and sets at 5:06pm today. By Friday, we will only have 6 hours and 12 minutes, and by December 6th we will have complete darkness until January 6th.

So there's your weather and daylight update for the week. Only 7 months until the snow and ice leave!

1 comment:

  1. seems that they will be able to keep the service going..
    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story/2010/11/05/inuvik-aklak-air-fire.html

    very nice blog ! I love the artic and since I live in NW Italy one of the best way to see Tuk and his surroundings is through to your interesting pics.
    p.s. : love your cakes too ! they're just awesome
    ciao from Genoa !!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete