Monday, November 8, 2010

30 days of photos... Day 4


A picture of a habit that I wish I didn't have.


Gum chewing. I chew it when I am nervous, anxious, stressed, or don't want to eat food. The first three are nearly all of the time, and gum chewing keeps me from doing worse things, such as grinding my teeth to ease my stress. Gum is also handy for satisfying cravings for sweet foods, so I'll often chew a piece after dinner, or whenever I'm craving candy.

The dentist told me 2 visits ago that I should cut down on gum chewing for the sake of my jaw and my teeth. I've been making a conscious effort to chew less gum (down to one piece every other day, rather than 3 pieces at least/day). This has required some help from Deon, who is now the keymaster to the gum stash in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment