Monday, November 1, 2010

Busy cake week...

This week was a really busy cake week, with two birthday cakes, a wedding cake, and Halloween desserts for the wedding. I started baking on Monday, and didn't stop (other than for work and a bit of sleep) until an hour before the wedding- where I somehow managed to make myself look presentable after all that baking!

Here are the two birthday cakes:


This one was for a 5th birthday, and I had never heard of "Camp Rock 2: The final jam," but then again, I don't watch the Disney Channel much these days!


A baseball birthday cake for a repeat customer.

Here are some pictures of the wedding cake for B&P's wedding. At first they were going to have a traditional cake, which was to be white, with some calla lilies. However, the couple wanted something unique, so they decided on a theme for the cake that they both thought was cool: Super Mario. I didn't mind doing that either, since Deon and I both like old Nintendo games, especially Super Mario. Unfortunately the cake topper they had ordered did not arrive in time, but I think the cake expresses its theme just fine without a topper.









B&P also asked me to do some Halloween desserts for the reception, since the big day was on Halloween, so I found some cute looking recipes online, and in my October Oprah magazine that I thought would fit the bill. I ended up making:


Mummy cupcakes and orange rice krispy squares.


Monster eyeballs (chocolate covered peanut butter balls)


Chocolate macaroon spiders


Meringue ghosts

2 comments: