Tuesday, November 30, 2010

30 days of photos... Day 26


A picture of something that means a lot to me.


Well this isn't an actual picture of my Gramps' war helmet, however, I do have his real helmet from WWII, which has his name on it. He gave it to me quite a few years ago, and I still keep it at my parents' home, in my bedroom there. It means a lot to me because it is a piece of my family's history, and it is one of those items that is priceless, if you ask me. The fact that is has my grandfather's name on it means that it is something that should never, and will never leave the family. There is a lot of history that goes with this piece, and I have done my best to learn from my Gramps stories of the war. There are some stories of joy, and stories of sadness, and I've enjoyed hearing them from my Gramps over the years.

I am so lucky to have grandparents that are still around today to keep teaching me and telling me stories of their pasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment