Friday, July 10, 2009

Paulatuk continued....

Here is a quick review of the rest of my trip to Paulatuk in pictures. I don't have too much more to share about my visit. Attending the Hamlet meeting was as fun as usual- they're one of my favourite parts of the work that I'm doing right now. The meetings are a great way to learn more about what happens in each community, as well as to get to know the people who help run the community. Furthermore, when people get "uppity" things can get pretty interesting!

The landing in Inuvik was a bit brutal, very windy and very bumpy. I was dreading going back to Tuk, because it's usually even windier up there. I did tell the pilots to make sure the landing was not "vomit inducing," and sure enough, we had a great landing. The pilot turned around and asked "any vomit?" and I gave him the thumbs up. All in all, a good day!


A carving in the Tuktut Nogait Parks Canada Visitor's Centre.


The sun came out for a few minutes. Check out the awesome hills in the background.


The Horton River.


Flying with the clouds.


Caribbean Island?

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment