Sunday, March 21, 2010

Back in the business...

I haven't had my cake advertisements up in town since we got back from Christmas vacation, but on Friday I received a call requesting a birthday cake for an 11 year old boy. I guess expectations are as high in Tuk as they are anywhere else, and I was requested to make an "iPod Touch cake with a Metallica logo." I told the customer I would do my best, but made no promises that I could accomplish a black fondant cake.

However, I remembered reading online about how to achieve black fondant, but making chocolate fondant first, and then adding the black dye, so that the colour change would be less drastic. Of course, the last time I want to try a new recipe is with a customer's cake, but I had no choice- and luckily it worked! The chocolate fondant was actually a million times easier to handle than normal marshmallow fondant, and looked perfect on the cake.

So without further adieu, here are some pictures of the iPod Touch Metallica cake!



No comments:

Post a Comment