Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mamuks... (You can figure that one out in Inuvialuktun for yourself)

Well, this cake passed the Grandma test, so I figure it is decent enough to share with the worldwide web. This cake was for our secretary's boyfriend, who turned 24 last week. Such a success that apparently it was paraded around town, and when the RCMP drove by, the birthday crew flagged them down and showed off the cake a little more.

Even funnier was when the RCMP officer in question said "Soooo... your secretary's boyfriend had a cool cake last night!" Me: "Uhhhh, yeah. I baked that." RCMP officer's wife: "What was it of?" Me: "Uhhhhh... mamuks in a bra." RCMP officer's wife proceeds to scold her husband for being intrigued by the cake.

Here is the cake in question:



Today in Tuk we had a rummage sale at Kiti Hall, so I woke up this morning and decided to bake a few cupcakes to sell. Unfortunately, I was in such a rush that I forgot to take pictures... And they were really cute too! I did all Halloween themed, including Jack-O-Lanterns, vampire faces, and spiderwebs. The picture below is from the Internet, but mine were pretty much exact replicas of these.



They sold within about 15 minutes, and I made nearly $40 from 18 cupcakes. Furthermore, I had my little advertisement with phone number pull-tabs displayed on the table, and I generated some interest in cake orders that way. Then... at the grocery store on the way home, I was picking up some cake supplies, and someone asked if I was the one who bakes cakes. So I have a cake order for Monday now. This week I have made about $115 from cake sales, business is booming!

I have one order for October 30, which happens to be Deon's birthday as well. I have a feeling his cake is going to look awfullllllyyyy similar to the cake order for that day :p

No comments:

Post a Comment