Monday, October 19, 2009

Business is booming...

Yesterday I baked a cake that was ordered by our maintenance man's daughter. She saw me buying cake supplies in the grocery store and asked if I could make a cake. Of course I could! Luckily, I had my little advertising poster hung on the bulletin board at the store, so we went right on over there and she picked out the present cake (only in men's colours).

So I spent the afternoon yesterday working on the cake... it is marble cake inside (this is the only flavour that the cheaper Safeway brand comes in- a whopping $0.10 cheaper than Betty Crocker, but works like a charm!), and then buttercream filling, and fondant decorations. The results are below- I think I'm getting better with time, and look forward to receiving more orders.





Then today, when I got home from work there was a message on my phone from someone who had heard of me through someone who was at the rummage sale on the weekend... So I have a birthday cake to do for an 8 year old girl on Thursday. I have some great ideas I hope to try out!

No comments:

Post a Comment