Yesterday was my first attempt at making a Thanksgiving dinner, for the most part, on my own. I had a gift certificate left from last Christmas from work for a free turkey, so a few weeks ago I cashed that in. (Buying a turkey here in Tuk would be $100- but they were marked down to $80 on sale). Recipes included "
the perfect roast turkey" and "
prize pumpkin pie." Other items included a cranberry sauce, Swedish mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, and sourdough rolls made with the help of the bread machine. Christine brought cooked carrots and homemade stuffing.
Everything turned out very well, considering it was my first attempt at a turkey, and considering that the power was out for seven hours on Sunday afternoon, my preparation time.
There were no trees with coloured leaves or pumpkins this weekend in the Arctic, and I must say, I do miss those parts of Thanksgiving.
I took some pictures of the spread, and posted them below:


Happy Thanksgiving to family and friends at home :)
No comments:
Post a Comment