Friday, August 14, 2009

My first cake order...

On Wednesday, I brought my first cake into work (because clearly it's not a good idea for a baker to eat all of her projects), and by Thursday I was entertaining my first client. Kendyce, our secretary at work asked if I would bake her friend a cake for her birthday on Friday. We looked on a cake website and found one that looked relatively simple, so on Thursday night I began constructing my first cake for a customer. The concept was a cake that looks like a present, with a message to a girl named Stacy.

I once again made and coloured my own fondant and icing, and used store bought cake. Here is the final product... I'm pretty pleased. I would estimate that it took approximately 4 hours to bake and construct.


The final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment