Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cakes, etc...

This week I've been busy making more cakes. The first was on Monday, for Andrew and Christine before they headed south for their wedding in Newfoundland. It was just quick, and perfect for the BBQ they had that night. Here is a picture of that cake:



Then, yesterday at work Marilyn asked if I could make a cake for her daughter's 13th birthday today. At lunch time I baked the bottom layer, and after work I baked the top, and then did the different icings/fondants. I already had the blue and purple made, and for the green, I just added some yellow dye to some of the blue fondant. It took a few hours, but I am enjoying working on different techniques, and can't wait until they start looking more professional. Marilyn was quite happy today, and I made $25 plus the cost of the supplies!





When I delivered the cake to Marilyn's office at lunch today, she said "now I'll have to get you to make one for Baby's birthday on Sept. 1st." I reminded her that I wouldn't be here then, as I'll be on holidays, and she said "oh you can just make it this weekend then!" So looks like I'll be making another cake before I come home.

Another day, another creative way to make a dollar...

No comments:

Post a Comment