Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Whatever Wednesdays- Some mid-week humour

Wednesdays will now be "Whatever Wednesdays," the day on which I'll blog about whatever I please. Today, I thought that I'd share with you a comic that was in our local newspaper a few weeks ago.

I found the comic to be quite fitting, and I've expressed my opinion in the past about the airline service to Tuk here.



I like to think that this is a comment on the speed of our airline, as opposed to a comment on the runner needing to run fast to escape the northern elements.

The comic references the fact that there is a runner who is planning to run from Inuvik-Tuk on the ice road. I think it's pretty crazy, and I wouldn't want any part in it. I saw the runners when they got to Tuk last year, and their feet were as large as footballs, with swelling. Some had frostbite. Not my cup of tea. I understand that people like to do things that are unique, and "extreme," but I personally wouldn't want to sacrifice my health to complete such an activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment