After two weeks of being away, one in Inuvik and the other back home in Ontario, we are back home in Tuktoyaktuk. When we left, the sun was only dipping below the horizon briefly, meaning that there still wasn't much darkness. Upon our return, the sun is setting and rising, making Tuk feel a little more like the rest of the world that I know. I haven't actually looked at the Farmer's Almanac, but it appears that the sun is setting at around 10:45pm, and rising at around 7:00am.
Here is a picture of the sunrise that I took this morning... there were some nice florescent pinks and oranges in the sky.

The temperature here is definitely chillier than when we left Tuk two weeks ago. Fall is definitely upon us. The pingos are red and yellow as the vegetation changes colour, and there are many yellow trees in the Delta. I don't expect it will be long now before we have snow- last year the first snow was on September 23rd, if my record keeping is correct!
No comments:
Post a Comment