Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'll never understand...

Since moving north I have noticed an odd trend in sales at the stores. Well, an odder trend than the fact that almost every sale at the Northern store involves expired items. One of the first sale items I bought when moving to Tuk was a box of those little 100 calorie bags of chips. They were almost 2 years out of date. But I digress...

Today when I got back from lunch my coworker came in and told me I had to go check out the massive toy sale they were having at the Northern. Of course I'm currently on the lookout for rock bottom bargains for use in our fundraising efforts. So before I went to the bingo station to sell tickets I went to the store to check out the bargains. I left with $411 worth of toys for $46 including tax. Ridiculous, eh?

So yes, they were on sale. Not that exciting. What I don't understand is the deep discounting of items. The sale today was 50% off all red tagged toys. So all of the toys had red tags with a discount of at least 75% off, and hadn't even been marked down for one day before an additional 50% off was given. And there never seems to be any small discounts between the original price and the final discounted price.... Markdowns always seem to start at 75% off. Not that I'm complaining!!

Anyway, some of today's bargains included:
-a v-tech kids e-reader that was $99 down to $12
-some huge tubs with games and activities in them with Dora, Cars, Spiderman, etc for $2.50 down from$25
-Zuzu pets for $1
- lots of other toys and activity sets which I really didn't pay more than $3 for...

Anyway, as you can probably tell, I'm pleased with my fabulous finds, and can't wait to auction them off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment