Saturday, January 29, 2011

Still caking...

After I made the Pooh cake for Marilyn, she posted a picture of it on Facebook. Not long after that I got a few phone calls with more cake orders. The first was for a first birthday party, and the customer wanted a Dora the Explorer cake, with cupcakes featuring Dora's backpack. The customer provided the pan, so all I had to do was decorate it and do the cupcakes. I think it turned out pretty well.





When I was on my way to the store to get the supplies to make the Dora cake, the taxi driver Joanne stopped me and asked if I could make a cake for the next day. I thought, "why not?" I was already making a cake that night anyway. She wanted a Sidney Crosby cake for her son. I decided to make it a Crosby jersey, based on a cake design I found online. Here is how it turned out:

No comments:

Post a Comment