It really is a treat to get such nice weather in September. The first September I was here was 2008, when I arrived somewhere around the 17th, and it snowed a few days later. Last year I believe it snowed on the 23rd. And when it snows in Tuk, it snows. And it doesn't go away until the following June. So I'm hoping at this rate the snow will hold off until the end of September, because I'm not quite ready to break out the parka and the Sorels just yet.
However, I won't mind to leave for vacation (October 1-12th) with snow on the ground here, only to go back to the GTA where I'm hoping Indian summer will still be happening, and taking advantage of that.
Despite our lovely summer, and spending plenty of time outdoors fishing, baseballing, and swimming, I'm still ghostly white. With a trip to the Caribbean last January and May, you'd think I'd have at least one tan line- not the case. I could be mistaken for an albino. Except that my hair is no longer blonde.
At any rate, here are some pictures of our night out on the land, with me fishing and catching the tiniest fish I've caught all year. Enjoy!
And in other news... the sun is finally setting, and staying down for a significant amount of time. This means that I am finally able to sleep again! We're losing daylight quickly now, the sun is setting around 10pm, and it doesn't rise again until around 7:30am.
No comments:
Post a Comment