We are trying to use up all of the food in the freezer before we leave for vacation, and one of the things left to use up was some ground muskox. Muskox is sold right next to the ground beef in the store across the street, and is very comparable in price. Muskox meat however, I think is much healthier for a number of reasons: #1- We're talking about a creature here who has lived its life out on the land, free of human interaction and all the "extras" we get in our farm raised beef. It's as free range and organic as you'll get! #2- When you cook muskox meat, there is very little, if any fat that comes off it. The burgers I cooked tonight had a few tiny drips of fat, and that is all.
Tonight I made some muskox cheeseburgers for us to enjoy (minus the buns, since there are none to be found). Just take some ground muskox, add an egg, some breadcrumbs, some garlic, chopped onion, dried Italian herbs, and moosh them all together. Form some pattys (I made 6), and pop them on the George Foreman (or our knockoff equivalent) until they're cooked through, top them with cheese and other favourite condiments, and chow down!
Here they are before cooking:
The meat is much darker, and richer in colour than ground beef.
The finished product!
No comments:
Post a Comment