Monday, December 7, 2009

And so it begins...

Yesterday was the first day of 0 hours of daylight. This means no sunrise and no sunset, according to The Old Farmer's Almanac. It will stay that way until January 6th, 2010, when the sun will slowly come back, a little bit more each week...



Environment Canada likes to denote this season using night skies for the weather...



Better than CBC North that shows sunny skies!



For now, although there is no sunrise, there is still a bit of red in the sky, from the sun that is somewhere below the horizon. Here is a picture that I took today at around 2pm.



At any rate, when we return from vacation, the sun should be back out for about an hour a day. For now I'll enjoy my last few days of darkness, which I much prefer to 24 hours of daylight. I don't mind waking up in the dark, having lunch in the dark, and then heading home, putting my pyjamas on, and enjoying the evening in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment