Friday, May 27, 2011

Back to life, back to reality...

I haven't blogged in a while (almost two months!) because it has been a busy two months. April was filled with the final push for the King and Queen competition for the Jamboree (which we won!!!), the Beluga Jamboree itself, a trip to Husky Lakes, then our quarterly meeting in Inuvik, then a trip to Maui, then a trip to Toronto for my sister's wedding, and now we're back and I've been transitioning to a new position within the workplace. It's also spring here (in a good way- warmer than Toronto lately!), so there hasn't been much motivation to be indoors and on the computer outside of work hours.

At any rate, I thought I should post some pictures from our last two months to update everyone on what we've been up to.

I don't think I've posted a picture of our new "ride" online yet, so here is a picture of our truck, a 2011 Ford Ranger Sport on its last trip on the ice road this year in April (even though the ice road didn't end up closing until the first week of May).




Us being crowned King and Queen with fur vests (his is seal skin, mine is rabbit fur) and red sashes. We raised over $9,000 for the jamboree to win first place!



Happy royalty!



The dogs waiting to get hooked up for the races at the Beluga Jamboree.



And they're off!



Deon ice fishing (with no luck) at Husky Lakes on Easter Weekend.



Me fishing at Husky Lakes on Easter Weekend... before I cut off my hair the next week in Inuvik.


I will do another post later with pictures from Maui... We are off for a BBQ shortly to enjoy the relatively warm weather that is sure to leave us soon, and to enjoy the outdoors without mosquitoes before they arrive shortly. Deon came home with a small BBQ and a propane tank (which is a rare find because propane is not available in Tuk, generally speaking), so we have been taking advantage of the nice weather with burgers and ribs on the grill!

p.s. I just saw my first mosquito of the season. It's only May... this is not good news!

1 comment:

  1. many, many thanks i have enjoy all. much love. elisa m. xxxx

    ReplyDelete