Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Oh how your perspective changes...

I literally laughed out loud at lunch today when I heard on the news that Toronto has issued an extreme cold weather alert. Apparently the temperatures might drop to -12C tonight.

I laughed because today it is -43C with the wind chill, -32C without. Tomorrow, the wind chill will be -44C. We don't seem to have an "extreme cold weather alert."

I understand that Toronto's warning is to prepare the shelters for an influx of homeless people needing shelter for the night. I still couldn't help but find it funny that -12 is considered "extreme cold."

On another note, we're now into the season when the weather forecast shows all moons and starry skies for the upcoming week, and the sunrise and sunset are both at 12pm. There's a bit of twilight around the noon hour, but other than that it's night time all-round... and I love it!

p.s. 30 days of photos will continue shortly, I'm having internet issues with my laptop, and currently can only really use it for blogging (with photos) at hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment