Here I am in the truck ready for the drive... A sunny day makes sunglasses and the truck visor a must. The glare from the ice is really bright, and with not a cloud in the sky, the sun is persistent.
Deon's zoom lens was able to get a good view of the pressure ridge that closed the road earlier this season. This is only a tiny part, the whole thing runs several kilometres long. The ice is an amazing green colour. Hard to imagine that all of this will melt away by June or July!
As usual there was wildlife to be seen:
A sly fox
Another fox...
And a moose's head. I'll spare you the picture.
Off to Sachs Harbour in the morning for the week. Hopefully back to Inuvik Thursday night and Tuk Friday morning. If the weather is bad, I could be weekending in Sachs, as flights are only on Mondays and Thursdays.
No comments:
Post a Comment